The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2027 Predictions Game

By NanuNanu76
7/27/2023 4:57 pm
Didn't notice something like this was going on. I need to read all the forums...

tl:dr
DMM by 8
John Cyr

The thrice removed cousin of the Mystery Machine, the Derry Mean Machine doesn’t give up a lot of points but is the fifth highest scoring team. While the estranged sister of Aunt Edna, the Echunga Echidnas (it’s a stretch, leave me alone) is the third highest scoring team but does give up a lot of points. Put these three things together and you get a dart thrown guess of:

DMM by 8

My question is, since all the tackles Curtis Keillor of Reasonable is getting seems to happen in the endzone, why are we counting them as tackles? The play ends when the offensive player scores. Having said that:

John Cyr (for no apparent reason)

By CaptainFarrar89
7/28/2023 1:17 am
Just a couple of housekeeping remarks...

1. Re: the season predictions with many people picking Edlington based on the information prior to Neil's removal
    While I can feel that some may feel annoyed that they selected Edlington thinking they were in for a solid season only to find out that it was Neil on a second account and his subsequent removal from the league. I think it is best for the integrity of the game not to give a window for people to change their BC North predictions. I've toyed with this decision all day today and I feel it's for the best as it avoids anybody trying to game the system by changing other divisions they predicted. As there was only 5 people who predicted Edlington, it would be unfair in my view to those who didn't if others were allowed to make a change now based on new information about the Edlington team moving forward.

2. Week 2 prediction leaderboard
    I made an error in the Week 2 leaderboard in which two players were not correctly given the right scores based on the new points system when it came to the question of the week. Both Colonel Failure and Wombert were missing points that they were correctly meant to be given. This was a simple error and a miscalculation. The Week 2 leaderboard in the thread has been updated accordingly and the right points are now shown for Week 2 as well as Week 3 below.

Also, welcome to the game NanuNanu76.

Moving on to Week 3 now...

Week 3 Results
Game Result: Derry Mean Machine defeated Echunga Echidnas by 20 points
    9/11 predictions
    7 correct (Colonel Failure, kaldo, Vektrix, Wombert, Captain Lion, Kickjess, NanuNanu76)
    2 auto selections (wolfwithcats & Tolakram)
    0 with correct margin but wrong winner

Week 3 Question: Gary Mannino was the top tackler out of the top 4 from last week, with a massive 12 tackles
    9/11 predictions
    2 correct (Captain Lion & FlavourBeans)
----------

Week 4
Game of the Week: Sumpan Crazy Wolves at Maastricht Violent Vermin
Question of the Week: Bit of a fun one this week, but how many times will Tokyo QB Tiberius Shambles be sacked this week against Porth Emmett?
    5 points if exact
    4 points if +/- 1 sack
    3 points if +/- 2 sacks
    2 points if +/- 3 sacks
    1 point if +/- 4 sacks
    0 points if more than 5 sacks away

Last edited at 8/17/2023 8:32 pm

By Vektrix
7/28/2023 1:37 am
Sumpan by 5

21 Sacks in the Sack Race

By wolfwithcats
7/28/2023 1:37 am
I have to support my team(promised i'll be more positive this season) so Sumpan by 7
and i think there will 15 sacks for Revolver

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
7/28/2023 5:22 am
Vermin by 6
We'll cough up 18 sacks against the Auctioneers.

By kaldo
7/28/2023 3:03 pm
Sumpan by 3

Shambles will be sacked 16 times!

By NanuNanu76
7/28/2023 3:35 pm
Vermin by 2
11 sacks

By Wombert
7/29/2023 1:16 pm
Wolves by 10
20 Sacks

By Kickjess
7/29/2023 10:46 pm
Game of the Week: Sumpan Crazy Wolves at Maastricht Violent Vermin
Wolves by 3

Question of the Week: Bit of a fun one this week, but how many sacks will Tokyo QB Tiberius Shambles have this week against Porth Emmett?
He will have 0 sacks, since he will not be sacking anyone.

By CaptainFarrar89
7/30/2023 7:41 am
Sumpan to win by 6 points
Shambles will get sacked 19 times this week.