The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - Rivalries

Re: 2031 Predictions Game

By edwardoka
6/10/2024 4:55 am
Down to five entries this week, which I suppose is to be expected in the final dash to the finish

BAD COMPANY CONFERENCE
North Stars 33 @ Raptors 27
An excellent Raptors team is sent home in a close-fought battle by the North Stars.

Elmasgarza and Wombert predicted a North Stars win and get 2 points each, however, in his infinite wisdom, Edwardoka predicted that North Stars would win by 6, and gets 5 points.

Je suis excite!
_____
At the start of the predictions game you were asked who would win the Bad Company title, with correct predictions earning 5 points..

The following people (representing 7 of 8 submissions) all picked the North Stars to win Bad Company and are therefore are all in receipt of 5 points.
CaptainFarrar88, Colonel Failure, Edwardoka, Elmasgarza, Kickjess, Wolfwithcats, Wombert
This is as good an indication as any that sportsball has run its course, if you ask me.
_____

FAIL BRIGADE CONFERENCE
Revolver 0 @ Rumberos 23
Despite Revolver having a storming season, they are no match for Rumberos on top form at home.

Edwardoka, Elmasgarza and Wombert correctly picked the Rumberos for this one, with my guess being closest, but still miles out. 2 points each.

______
At the start of the season etc etc etc

The following picked the Rumberos to win FB Conference and receive 5 points:
CaptainFarrar88, Colonel Failure, Wolfwithcats, Wombert

What do the leaderboards have to say as we go into the HYPERELECTROBOWL?

It looks like very much on the surface like Wombert has this in the bag.

HOWEVER the fifth question that was asked at the start of the season was
"Name the league champion (10 points)" meaning that while there's a spread of 12 points between the top 3, there are potentially 15 points available.

At the start of the predictions game, Wombert picked the Rumberos to win but Edwardoka and Elmasgarza picked the North Stars, so that 10 point lead is either going to be doubled or nullified.

To complicate matters more, Wolfwithcats picked for the Rumberos at the start, so while he can't win overall, he could easily make it to 2nd if risky hail mary's don't pay off.
You could cut the tension with a spatula. Who will blink first?
_____
For the final time, mesdames et messieurs, please place your bets for the

Zena Rumberos vs Stockholm North Stars
Last edited at 6/10/2024 5:17 am

By elmasgarza
6/10/2024 5:55 am
Stockholm North Stars by 6

By NanuNanu76
6/10/2024 7:08 am
Stars by 7

By Wombert
6/10/2024 11:27 am
Rumberos are going to win one last time. By 10 points.

By edwardoka
6/11/2024 1:05 pm
I've put far too much thought into this, and have run a bunch of test results. My conclusion: if I go with what I believe the result will actually be, say, "Rumberos by 14", if I'm not exactly right then I will come 3rd, and coming exactly right is very unlikely. If I were to copy elmas' prediction I would be guaranteed either 1st or 3rd, but that's extremely unsportsmanlike.

So, my prediction: North Stars by 2. Valhalla awaits! Destiny is all!

(I will be pretty annoyed if the score is Rumberos by 14)
Last edited at 6/11/2024 1:12 pm

By edwardoka
6/12/2024 1:44 pm
Four predictions for the grand finale, with one going for the cautious approach versus the three hail marys.

Rumberos 31 vs North Stars 13

Congratulations to pakkinen for breaking this dumb game, and congratulations to Wombert who alone picked the Rumberos for victory.

And further congratulations to CaptainFarrar88, Colonel Failure, Wolfwithcats and Wombert who picked the Rumberos at the start of the predictions game, and who each gain 10 points - which seems excessive given how stacked the teams were.

In any case, let's see what that does to the FINAL LEADERBOARD

Congratulations to Wombert who had a stunning season's prediction game, particularly in post-season, 12 correctly predicted winners from 13 games. A very deserving champion.

Congratulations too to Wolfwithcats who pipped me at the post. If I'd known you weren't going to put in a prediction for the Hyperelectrobowl I wouldn't have done the Hail Mary, and to Elmasgarza who was in contention right until the end, and was screwed over by preseason predictions gone awry.

Here are some stats that show that if some of you had participated more regularly you would have kicked ***. ¬_¬

And here is a chart of points from weeklies over time.

Thank you to all who took part, I know that the enthuasism was somewhat dimmed this season for various well-documented reasons but I appreciate the turnout nonetheless.

Thank you to CaptainFarrar88 for running the predictions game for all these seasons, I don't think we collectively appreciated how much of a slog it can be.

Finally, thank you to Colonel Failure for bringing us along for the ride, it's been a blast.

Goodnight Sportsball, good night monster-land!
Last edited at 6/12/2024 1:46 pm