The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - Rivalries

Re: 2031 Predictions Game

By edwardoka
5/31/2024 6:41 pm
Holding steady for week 15 with 5 entries.

Elmasgarza, NanuNanu and I correctly predicted that the Slamhounds would beat their diminuitive brethren, but we were all miles out.

Elmasgarza, NanuNanu, Wombert and I correctly predicted that Revolver would win, but only I came close, 1 away.

Bonus question:
We had one guess 16, 2 guesses 14, and then I, counting matches rather than being strategic, went straight down the middle, meaning that I had to be exact to get any points.
I was not, the actual result was 13 teams marked as eliminated, and so a further two points to Elmasgarza and Wombert for being joint closest.

What that does to the leaderboard going into the final week of the main season...

The last game of the season demands a decent effort, I will spend some time looking at the fixtures tomorrow before deciding what they are. It is late and I am le tired.

By edwardoka
6/02/2024 9:30 am

Apologies for how long it took to get this out.

I tried my hardest to be fair with the selections, but with so many teams in Bad Company scrabbling over precious few playoff slots, picking the pivotal games seems the only way to go. It's not favouritism, it's just the way the tables played out. ;(

Those who have not deployed your joker yet (that's you, Kickjess and Kaldo, please indicate which game you wish to deploy it against.

GAME 1

Reykjavik Arctic Foxes @ Al-Asfoor Oryx
(I knew him, Horatio. A fellow of infinite jest.)

GAME 2 TO DECIDE BC EAST

Sumpan Crazy Wolves @ Pozzallo Sicilian Slicers
Please be a draw
Kind regards,
Unbiased Curator

GAME 3 TO POSSIBLY DECIDE BC WEST

Derry Mean Machine @ Hurlingham Herons
With the Echidnas highly likely to beat the Lengths, this game is possibly crucial, possibly not. Where is Beans?? I need Permutations, stat!!!

By edwardoka
6/02/2024 9:34 am
Oryx by 10
Slicers and Wolves draw (I believe this is called manifesting.)
Herons by 4

Good luck everyone!

By wolfwithcats
6/02/2024 9:37 am
Oryx by 9
Slicers by 12(yes i think i will loose)
Mean Machines by 7

By kaldo
6/02/2024 9:51 am
Oryx by 17
Dogs and Pizza tie
Herons by 12

NO JOKER USAGE, ED. YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.

By Wombert
6/02/2024 11:35 am
Oryx by 10
Crazy Wolves by 10
Herons by 10

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
6/02/2024 4:22 pm
Oryx 10
Wolves 4
Mean Machine 3

By elmasgarza
6/02/2024 10:39 pm
Al-Asfoor Oryx by 6

Pozzallo Sicilian Slicers by 5

Hurlingham Herons by 2

By edwardoka
6/03/2024 10:42 am
What an exciting week of football that was! 6 teams going for 2 slots! Several falling short by mere technicality! Oh, calamity!

Six entries this week, big push before post season

Arctic Foxes 14 @ Oryx 24

Everyone believed that the mighty Oryx would win, but in what I believe to be a Predictions game first, 3 predictions were exactly right. Colonel Failure, Edwardoka and Wombert all get 5 points for correctly predicting that Bahraini ibexes (ibices?) would win by 10, while Elmasgarza, Kaldo, and Wolfwithcats will have to console themselves with 2 points.

Crazy Wolves 16 @ Sicilian Slicers 7

Only two players predicted that the Wolves would win, Colonel Failure and Wombert, with Wombert only 1 point away from greatness.

Mean Machine 16 @ Herons 10
Two correct predictions for Mean Machine victory, with Colonel Failure getting his second triple of the season, canny lad that one, Wolfwithcats also gets 2 points, I guess.

Let's start with Question 1: how many games will your team win this season?

Question 2: correctly predict the winner of each division

BC North - Won by Raptors
Predicted by CaptainFarrar88, Wolfwithcats

BC East - Won by Crazy Wolves
Predicted by NanuNanu, Wombert

BC South - Won by North Stars
Predicted by everyone

BC West - Won by Echidnas
Predicted by CaptainFarrar88, Colonel Failure

FB North - Won by Revolver
Predicted by Wolfwithcats

FB East - Won by Silverbacks
Predicted by no-one

FB South - Won by Rumberos
Predicted by CaptainFarrar88, Colonel Failure, Edwardoka, Elmasgarza, Kickjess, Wolfwithcats, Wombert

FB West - Won by Lions
Predicted by everyone

As CaptainFarrar88 and Wolfwithcats were top of the division winner leaderboard, they each receive 2 extra points.

After wresting the calculator back from the scoring chimps, here is the main leaderboard at season end.

Last edited at 6/03/2024 10:51 am

By edwardoka
6/03/2024 10:52 am

Cape Town Rhinos @ Echunga Echidnas

Montevideo Screamers @ Sumpan Crazy Wolves

Minnetonka Timberwolves @ Stockholm North Stars

Cheesy Philly @ Bwindi Silverbacks

North London Cannoniers @ Penrith Lions

Compton Catastrophe @ Tokyo Revolver