The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - Team News

Season by the Script 2025

By MuttleyGrouch
3/05/2023 11:49 am
This year brought to you by our partners, the Tyrell Corporation

Dear [Insert your name or DNA profile here],

We would like to invite you to join our award-winning team for Season By The Script, a weekly write-up of the American football results in the Electrosports League. As a contributor, you will have the opportunity to share your hilarious, artistic, and potentially libelous take on the games, players, and teams that make up this exciting league.

At Season By The Script, we pride ourselves on providing our readers with an entertaining and unique perspective on the Electrosports League. We are looking for individuals who are not afraid to push the envelope and can bring a creative flair to their writing.

As a contributor, you will be responsible for writing weekly articles that highlight the lighter side of the Electrosports League games. We welcome humor, satire, parody, and other creative approaches to your content. You will work with our editorial team to ensure that your content is informative, engaging, and meets our high standards of quality.

Please note that we require all our contributors to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to protect our content and intellectual property. This should then be signed in black ink, shredded and eaten to keep the lizard people from knowing you are "non disclosing".

We are proud to be sponsored by the Tyrell Corporation, a leader in the field of artificial intelligence and robotics.

If you are interested in joining our team, please respond to this invitation with a brief description of your experience with humor writing and American football. (Actually, please dont - just give us you name and preferred date - frankly we will take any old tat) We welcome writers from all backgrounds, including comedians, artists, bloggers, and anyone with a love of football and a good sense of humor. (Chance would be a fine thing!)

We are excited to bring on new contributors who are ready to make a splash in the world of sports journalism. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Bangers & Mutts

Editors-in-Chief, Season By The Script
Also trading under the name of ChatGPT

Re: Season by the Script 2025

By MuttleyGrouch
3/05/2023 11:54 am
Season Dates

We will need 16 Weeks worth of cover this season and if you do a really good job, you may get coerced into coming back for the Post Season Madness. Beans will cover our Traditional Permutations Madness Week, obviously.

Week 1 - Muttley, setting the bar low
Week 2 - Codus
Week 3 - Lion
Week 4 - ChatGPT
Week 5 - Its Bangers!
Week 6 - Tobias
Week 7 - Flesh & Bone with jolly Uncle Wolfgang
Week 8 - Colonel Failure's Midseason Who's hot and who's not!
Week 9 - Kaldo - in like a ferret up a drain pipe
Week 10 - Kaldo - AGAIN!
Week 11 - Moi
Week 12 - the Col
Week 13 - Flavourbeans - Prof Brian Flavourbeans Takes on a Tour of the Wonders of Permutations (as usual) - expect multiple Extra's!
Week 14 - Beans mini budget
Week 15 -
Week 16 - Where we all went wrong with Uncle Lion

Last edited at 3/29/2023 5:00 pm

By MuttleyGrouch
3/06/2023 5:49 pm
Week Number 1. Signpost to the season or just week 5 of pre season? Time will tell but here we go #1 of SBTS – your best use of 3minutes 10 seconds this week.

Crazy Wolves 0 @ War Elephants 33

So, the charge of the War Elephants the debut of the Pachyderms, the Pink elephants on Parade, etc. and what do the Wolves do when confronted by an onrush of elephants – yup take the youngest weakest of the pack, and throw them out there – presumably the principle of you don't have to outrun the elephants you just have to outrun wee Willie Oscar your rookie QB. Talk about nature red tooth and claw. Anyway Oscar gets a rating of 0.00, 4 INTs and 4 sacks to match, thanks Boss! The Elephants can do more than rack up 3TD's 4 FG's led by Dr Quincy – Medicine woman?

Raptors 0 @ Anarchy 12

Interesting old time at the The Asylum, Doncaster, as visiting Raptors meet divisional rivals Edlington for the first time this season. Many people pick for the Division, the Raptors had the edge in yards, but came of second best in TOP and more importantly the scoreboard. Only 169yds but just enough to score a Mike Garcia TD and a Kenneth Lock FG.

Soneros 31 @ Screamers 6

Current champions welcome heavily fancied Soneros to El Avario stadium Montevideo, and do we still smell the sweet smell of copious amounts of champagne from the home locker room. Well if so it might explain the hangover cure from **** supplied by the Genovese! Dont get me wrong the Screamers were not actually bad, but the Soneros were worryingly good. 207 yds rushing against the screamers is impressive and worth a look – their 6 backs spread out the work evenly with QB Napoleon Whitmore tagging one 10 yd run on for good measure. This correspondent loves a team effort – this was very very impressive. You have been warned about Zena, and I dont fancy playing a Screamers team looking for redemption after that result!

Echidnas 14 @ Lengths 6

Winning your division continually may feel like showing off to some, especially me, but they are off again. Nothing spectacular, nothing showy. Just winning. But what of the Lengths? Nearly having 40 mins of possession would normally be a winning formula but its a case of its not how long etc. Echidnas were just efficient – their 183 rush yds were built up at an avg yd per rush of over 7 and passing while unspectacular was error free. It could have been different as they fumbled the ball four times – fortunately recovering half of them but a 75 yd drive finished off by Francis Globular and another from Sketchy Catching trumped the couple of Reasonable FG's.

Prodigies 16 @ Earthquake 13

Everybodies favourite mystery team – the Earthquake (which top teams will they beat this year without making the post season) welcomed last seasons medal for participation nominees the Prodigies. Much more is expected from both team this year and a winning start would be a welcome way to go. And a tight old tussle it turned out to be, but maybe not the most sparkling entertainment. Some points of note – the Earthquakes managing a meagre 3 yds per PASS play and man mountain Johan Cruijff battering away for 17 attempts and only totalling 38yds rushing. Weird. In the end it was a last second 52 yds FG by Manuel that nicked the points for the visitors

Sharknado 7 @ Paris 10

Week 1 shenanigans here in Paris as the Gaulois chain smoking, noisette guzzling, aperitif bound, gourmands that are Fugue and Co, played with their food and nearly had the fish course eat their dinner. Now that is a headline, someone call the Pulitzer committee. Tillamook may only have clocked up 115 yds to the Paris 264, but following Rolande Exotic-Spice (every bleedin' year! Bangers you put me through this ****!) TD they cam back with their own run in by Hypothermal benediction (Oh Lord now MrMcB is at it) and went into the final qtr just the 3 pts adrift, and while Paris couldn;t be arsed finishing it off, the Sharknado failed to blow and the game fizzled out with a typical Gallic shrug.

Arrows 3 @ Dragons 16

Two of last years big hitters together as the Men in Tights travel to the mystical orient, land of Winnie the Pooh, and dodgy Balloons. But to be honest maybe it was the fear of being 'retired' from the party, but Nottingham were never at the races, and as the Dragons ran up the yards their only questions will be why they couldn't convert that possession into more points. Zhang Yun ran in the only TD at the end of a nice 71 yd drive.

Tardigrados 14 @ Auctioneers 10

Awww. They are so cute, just look at them with their barrel-shaped bodies with four pairs of stubby legs, who knew Auctioneers could be so adorable. The first of many interesting FB North games to come, the Auctioneers put up a decent performance to keep the score so close, as the Water Bears ran up 213 yd on the ground to the Hammer boys 36, but clearly 8 stubby legs for good ball handling does not make and they coughed it up 3 times. If rookie RB Colinabo Ciencia is going to get 30 carries a game expect more of the same – that's a fumble every ten carries. William Wasson snagged the only TD of the game for the Auctioneers, but in the end the Bears despite being 10-6 down going into the fourth brought it home with a couple of Richard Leach FG's and a Safety forced by Michael Hoops.

Rampage 6 @ Violent Vermin 16

Welcome to the Electrosports wheel of fortune as another new franchise hits the ground. A revitalised Vermin coming off a disappointing season welcomed the boys from Michigan to the Oscillococcinum Square Stadium, Maastricht. And for three quarters it looked like the Michiganders were going to steal the cheese, in fact they missed a chance to go 9 clear before the Vermin got all Violent in the 4th and rocked in 2 TD's and a FG with their last three possessions (clocking up 201 yds in the process) Winfrey and Schindler were the targets for Kieber who clocked in some impressive stats.

Lions 20 @ Kings 17

Lions, Kings – there must be a pithy anecdote in there but for the life of me... Anyhoo, 2 teams that managed to clock up exactly 274 yds each – about 60 odd rushing yds each and 200 odd passing. Its like looking in a mirror I tell you! The Kings got off to the dream start, 4 plays 76 yards, TD from Im to Event Horizon (Title of Hawkings Biography?), but the Lions came screaming back with a 4 play 91 yd drive finished off by Chacon connecting to Nelson, making it 10-7 to the Lions at the half. They traded TD for FG as the Lions pushed on to 17-10 with 4 mins to go... and then things got weird. Try and stay with me here folks.

Hong Kong feeling pressurised to go for it on 4th and 9 on the Lions 23, turned it over on downs, the Lions running the clock down ran it up the gut on 2nd and 3rd down. Then they did it again on 4th. Yup. Turn over on downs on the Lions 22. No I have no idea either. There were bookies heading for the exits. Hong Kong realising Xmas had come early converted it for an Im to Shanghai TD tieing the game with 1.02 left on the clock. But cleanly the Lions like playing with their food, and in a tumble of penalties, sacks, PI calls, Uncle Tom Cobbly and all they gave Jeffrey Paz a 53 attempt to win it which he slotted over. Great fun. Bonkers.

North Stars 14 @ Mean Machine 29

Yeah! I win! Sorry OT, you can glare at me over the top of your two Electrobowl trophies!

Elders 3 @ Phoenix 16

FB Eats rivals, (competitor to Deliveroo?), sorry FB East rivals Phoenix speaking back to their Elders (there that's that 'joke' out of the way). It was a strong showing from the Cairo boys as the Temple of Ra-Atum was rocking and the Phoenix fired their way to a ist half 10 pt lead with Aaron Medina running in a 2nd Qtr TD. Local rivals (well sort of) made a game of it coming back to within a score with a Nick Lowery FG in the 3rd, but Phoenix capped off the win with a Hail Amun-Ra pass from Fahey to Ty for 65 yds and a TD. Their mummies will have been very proud. (What?? - I don't get paid to write this rubbish you know!)

Harbourmasters 13 @ Rhinos 33

The Rhinos, where are the Rhinos? Those of us in the know, have been wondering what that distant rumbling noise was ever going to start up, well maybe this season? Now don't get me wrong the Harbourmaster's put in a decent performance, QB Jason Crowe completed 32 from 42, and connected with Hanna for a TD, but, he was sacked four times and in response Rhino QB Alvarez clocked up 334 passing yds, 3 TDs and QB rating of 127. Its was pretty much done and dusted by the half. Are they back? If they are the BC South just got a **** of a lot scarier. The Harbourmaster's will be looking to dust themselves down and pick themselves up for the visit of the Arrows next week.

Fools 9 @ Philly 6

Veterans day at Fresh Prince Palace Sponsored by CashApp Stadium, a stadium with the largest nameplate in professional sports. Old boys of the MFN clash and fireworks were expected – Philly, Electrosports version of a Pumpkin Chunkin'Air Cannon and Florence the Fools errand themselves looked like double train wreck all over – but in the end it was a great defensive performance that slapped down Will Smith and the boys (for a change) and with 3 pick offs and holding the Cheese to 200 yds the Fools just shook their inflated pig bladder, rang their hat bells, and skipped off with the win 9-6.

Corpses 13 @ Baguettes 23

The walking dead playing football – just how hard could this be? Given that their first drive resulted in 3 plays and -1 yards followed by a 4 play 71 yd for TD for the Baguettes, not very you would have thought, but it got a big bogged down after that – apparently a diet of brains will do that to you. Nice racked up a tidy 380 yards and two well constructed drives for TD's Omelette and Wei tagging them on, but the landslide failed to materialise and the Walking Dead managed to bring it back to within 10 going into the 4th. No shock result however and maybe we've seen that slowly wandering about the pitch making low based grunts and moans may be an effective strategy after all. (insert you own joke here about whatever team you fancy)

Slamhounds 7 @ Robins 3

Oh he's not going to be happy Four_Leaf! It just goes to show you can have more of the ball, control the clock, pass for 270+ yards but if you are just going to just create 3 FG chances and convert only one of them, some sensible team like the Slamhounds are going to rock up, put together on 64 yd drive and have Roberto Roberto Hernandez (so good they named him twice) stroll over for a TD and walk off with the win. Simples!

So there we go Pop pickers. Week 1. Ah sure if you lost – its only week 1, and if you won you are 1-0. :-)

PS if you have enjoyed reading this (weirdo) and your name isnt on the list of future contributors above - then shame on you, if it is then shame on me, you cant be shamed again.
Last edited at 3/06/2023 5:54 pm

By Codus
3/08/2023 7:05 am
Some games happened. Some champagne corks were popped. Some tears were shed. Some players were lambasted in the changing rooms.

But never mind all that, here's this years annual Spot The Ball competition!

This time with added difficulty - the image may or may not have been mirrored and has been cropped so that the ball is not in the direct centre of the screenshot (or is it?)

By CaptainFarrar89
3/11/2023 11:44 pm
Alright, I was able to convince Statler and Waldorf to come back from vacation early, and give you a Week 3 review/recap of the 2025 season.

STATLER: The internet is a completely different culture isn't it.
WALDORF: You said it. Everything here is immediately followed by sarcastic comments and nasty responses."
STATLER: Yup, we're finally where we belong.
BOTH: Do-ho-ho-ho-hoh!"

Porth Emmett Auctioneers (7) defeated by Les Republicains de Paris (26)
STATLER: Well, Waldorf, they made it to Paris.
WALDORF: Yes, and I already bought tickets.
STATLER: Are they good seats?
WALDORF: Sure are. They’re on the next train out of town!

Los Angeles Earthquake (10) defeated by Debt-Laden Corpses (13)
STATLER: Well, that was different.
WALDORF: Yep. Lousy...
BOTH: ...but different!

Maastricht Violent Vermin (0) defeated by Dutch Prodigies (26)
STATLER: Do you think this game is educational?
WALDORF: Yes. It'll drive people to read books.

Batman Robins (16) defeated Grand Rapids Rampage (13)
WALDORF: Just when you think the game is terrible, something wonderful happens
STATLER: What?
WALDORF: It ends!

Florence Fools (3) defeated by Harnosand Harbourmasters (17)
WALDORF: Well, how do you like the game?
STATLER: I’ve seen animals have a better game than this

Cape Town Rhinos (14) defeated by Montevideo Screamers (27)[/u][/b]
STATLER: You know, there's nothing like grand opera.
WALDORF: Yep, and that was nothing like it.

Derry Mean Machine (7) defeated by Ulaanbaatar Raptors (22)
WALDORF: What’s all the commotion about?
STATLER: Waldorf, the raptor ran away!
WALDORF: Well, you know what that makes him -
BOTH: Smarter than us!

Cheesy Philly (13) defeated Penrith Lions (3)
STATLER: Every week, the Lions looks better to me.
WALDORF: Every week, your eyesight gets worse!

Hong Kong Kings (3) defeated by Nice Baguettes (25)
STATLER: I wouldn't have believed that result if I hadn't watched it.
WALDORF: Believe what?
STATLER: I don't know - I wasn't watching.

Echunga Echidnas (16) defeated by Stockholm North Stars (22)
STATLER: Well, it was good.
WALDORF: Ah, it was very bad.
STATLER: Well, it was average.
WALDORF: Ah, it was in the middle there.
STATLER: Ah, it wasn't that great.
WALDORF: I kind of liked it."

Heliopolis Phoenix (12) defeated Tillamook Sharknado (8)
WALDORF: How do they do it?
STATLER: How do we watch it?
WALDORF: Why do we watch it?
STATLER: Why do you watch it?"

Forbidden City Dragons (27) defeated Oviedo Tardigrados (13)
STATLER: The question is, what is a Tardigrado?
WALDORF: The question is, who cares?

Zena Soneros (22) defeated Reasonable Lengths (6)
WALDORF: Yeah, the show is good for what ails me.
STATLER: Yeah? What does ail you?
WALDORF: Insomnia!

Nottingham Arrows (6) defeated by Entebbe Elders (16)
WALDORF: That was a great game, I don’t care what you say.
STATLER: I thought it was dumb
WALDORF: Maybe you’re right!

Sumpan Crazy Wolves (13) defeated by Star City Slamhounds (33)
STATLER: Did you see that?
WALDORF: Yes, Sumpan is sure taking a beating this season.
STATLER: Hard to feel sorry for them, we take a beating every season.

Wausau War Elephants (10) defeated by Edlington Anarchy (21)
WALDORF: Well, this has been an season by the script to remember
STATLER: Why?
WALDORF: I forgot.

By kaldo
3/13/2023 3:53 am
BREAKING NEWS!

We're standing here live outside of the EFL Betting House, where fans of the sport are eagerly awaiting the results.

It appears that the SIM has become stuck! How long will it last? Is this the end of the league? Will what happens next shock you? Stay tuned to find out!

Many people have begun to fling accusations for the cause. Is it the Phoenix taking a severe beating? Perhaps it's trying to calculate how many points the Crazy Wolves have been beaten by. One fan has suggested that it's just a processing delay on the server side, but everyone (rightly) made fun of him. The most common theory is that it's all the double safety blitzes that Kaldo is running on the Baguettes. Many fans, owners, and coaches alike are pretty sure it's this one. This reporter is with them.

Anyway, we will be back later in the day to continue reporting if the SIM hasn't completed by then. Tune in next time on KNOPERQ Radio. Until next time, goodbye!

By MuttleyGrouch
3/13/2023 1:45 pm
Here we go - open ChatGPT paste in the results, go!

In week 4 of the Electroports American Football league, there were some exciting matchups and surprising outcomes.

The Earthquake traveled to face off against the Kings, but were unable to come away with a win. The Kings emerged victorious with a final score of 24-13. Meanwhile, the Lengths couldn't keep up with the Mean Machine, falling 20-6.

Philly dominated the Prodigies, with a final score of 30-13, while the Echidnas struggled against the Baguettes and lost 34-10. The Tardigrados also had a strong showing, defeating Paris with a score of 26-3.

The Crazy Wolves managed to fend off the Auctioneers, winning 17-6, but the Phoenix fell just short against the Screamers in a close game that ended 13-12.

The Corpses had a tough time against the Arrows, losing 20-2, and the Slamhounds were unable to get on the scoreboard, losing to the Dragons 22-0.

The War Elephants narrowly defeated the Violent Vermin with a score of 9-7, and the Sharknado had a strong showing against the Rampage, winning 21-0.

In other matchups, the Fools defeated the Lions 18-13, the Raptors had a commanding win over the Robins with a final score of 33-0, and the North Stars emerged victorious over the Soneros, with a score of 7-3.

Finally, the Elders fell to the Harbourmasters 14-3, while the Anarchy narrowly defeated the Rhinos 9-7.

Overall, it was an exciting week 4 in the Electroports American Football league, with many surprising outcomes and close games.

By MuttleyGrouch
3/14/2023 10:17 am
A quick summary of results but also a spotlight on some of the key components that are either the Jonny Sexton of the team - marshalling a good team into a world beater or the Marcus Smith faltering repeatedly flattering to deceive. And yes there are likely to be numerous Rugby references in here – cos that's just the mode I'm in at the moment.

Earthquake 13 @ Kings 24

Kings well on top here and what seems to propel them to success are early drives – This one had the Kings up by 14 early with drives of 62 and 86 yards – the obvious headline would be RB's Bandit and Trumpet, but the truth probably lies with their strong O line, and the power of early game fresh legs. Earthquakes lack of penetration of the D line edges doesn't help. After that traditional early power spike it settled down to a fairly mundane affair, LA showed up with a couple of scores but the QB's were pretty much ineffectual and the game was pretty much over in the first 20 mins.

Lengths 6 @ Mean Machine 20

The key to this one was the Lengths D-line, or more appropriately the lack of. The Machine kept it on the ground presumably to exploit this and had Bell clock up the ton with 5 runs over the 10+ yds. Somewhere the Lengths are going to need to find something to fill the gap between the Ends, Keillor and Keillor.

Philly 30 @ Prodigies 13

So we're going Dutch are we? Interesting times, play the Phillies – defend the pass. Game over. These days, not so much – Will Smith probably got cold out there with a measly 14 pass attempts. Ironically Prodigies with the highly rated Johan Cruijff in the backfield attempted 38 passes only handing off to the “total footballer” a meagre 9 times.

So the World turned upside down? Well Philly may be coached by a pass-addled lunatic but with Djiboutan Franc taking the ball for 132 yds at an avg of 4.71 what is there not to like. As for the Prodigies – somewhere an identity needs to emerge – they have a good squad and star players but at some point they need to decide what type of ball they are going to play.

BTW – short comment about Wendyball (association football, soccer etc.) if you are too young to remember watching Cruyff in real life watch this https://youtu.be/YU-k-Ots3iY – my favourite player and I come from a country that gave us George Best.

Echidnas 10 @ Baguettes 34

Hmm. Well it was a comfortable win for the Baguettes, who are undergoing a tactical revamp just at the min so we'll see how that plays out. Both these teams have very good squads so expect to see them post season.

Paris 3 @ Tardigrados 26

Paris? I presume they were all at Twickenham quaffing Châteaux Nasty 2023 and running out of fingers and toes to keep up with scoreline. Paris are the perennial sleeper team – they stick there or there about for the season, and can only be arsed when it comes to securing a post season berth and going deep into the play offs. Lets not take anything away from the adorable Water Bears, they were well behind on yardage etc. – but took full advantage of the four turnovers and were ruthlessly efficient in converting what they had. Its notable that young Ciencia has been taken off front line carrying duties – but that the Bears still fumble on average every 10 carries – they recovered all of them this week – but must be a concern

Crazy Wolves 17 @ Auctioneers 6

And talking about fumbling, hello Auctioneers. A passing attack that has goes 32 from 53, for a total of 209 yds and getting sacked 5 times, with a QB who scrapes a 68 rating – Houston I think we have a problem. Add insult to injury that when you fumble the ball 5 times and bad stuff happens. The Wolves though delighted with the win will wonder if they can rely of a fumble recovery for TD and 10 pts from being given the ball deep in enemy territory on downs in the last 3 mins as a reliable route to victory. Both teams must be thinking where their next QB is coming from.

Phoenix 12 @ Screamers 13

Good game between good teams. Pretty much hinged on a 4th and Goal call by coach Forbi on the Screamers 1 yd line. We applaud the call, we question the pass attempt however which was echoed by Mr A. Poplectic of Cairo who is now suing Heliopolis for a new TV, a new front window and a cat with PTSD. Generally – good teams, but the Screamers cant be happy with a miserly 27 rushing yards – call out to Phoenix WLB Stephen Riggs with an impressive 11 Tackles.

Corpses 2 @ Arrows 20

Not too much to say here – the Arrows were clinical without getting flashy QB Schoenberg only attempting the pass 14 times but when you then connect 13 of those – you get QB ratings like 132.74. A heap of work for RB Brad Rosen – 23 carries – again old heads will be used to a more pass focussed Arrows team – but as said it was clinical and did a job on a group of brain dead zombies with a penchant for Brains. We'll call this a tactical win for Coach Blast – as I'm not sure this O Line and backfield will make the same headway against anyone who is not part of the living dead. (maybe half the leagues teams? - hey its my column I get to insult whoever I like!)

Slamhounds 0 @ Dragons 22

Look the Dragons are very good. And it would be easy to think this was a standard game – but this was a train wreck in an airport run by monkeys that have just been bitten by the Debt Laden Zombies. Scores consist of a 102 yd kick off return (from the actual Kick off!) a safety, (which I respect) and then a fumble recovery returned for TD, before pretending it was all routine with a couple of FG's. The Dragons were the better side but there's plenty in there for the Slamhounds to work with and its probably best to draw a line under this one and move on quickly to the next match. Much like every England rugby pundit should but won't.

War Elephants 9 @ Violent Vermin 7

Mice and Elephants – hey what could go wrong? Right? Well actually there weren't too many fireworks here – the Elephants are building a reputation for being perhaps a bit unspectacular but steady and very hard to shift, and RB Khan Noonien Singh is a bit of animal featuring in the rushing stats alongside Lepain, Franc, Benediction et al. With a good O line that given a few key additions could be very scary indeed. The Vermin are still clearly a work in progress, with more missing bits than an England scrum, but there are pieces in there to build around – Good QB and TE combo, and a scattering of other key players. We'll watch with interest.

Sharknado 21 @ Rampage 0

This one was not so difficult to analyse – Sharknado who have failed to fire at all this season and have lost their first three games (none by more than 4 pts) finally got their act together and took it out on the Rampage. It was pretty flawless and one way traffic – so where were the mismatches? Well it was Hydrothermal Benediction. 17 rush attempts, 142 yds, avg 8.3, 2TD's. And on the Rampage side – well I'm afraid that centre looks as squidgy as an ageing England props spare tyre. Again a squad that needs the recruiting cycle to turn a few more times

Lions 13 @ Fools 18

This was a good match up, wizened old coaches from year dot and comparable squads. The Lions somewhat shooting themselves in the foot early with a pick off deep in their own half leading to a Fools TD from Leeroy Jenkins. And while the game was tight the Fools made the home field advantage pay and edged it in stats columns for a deserved win. If Tillamook can keep on track this looks like a very competitive division, the Lions will in there all season I suspect.

Robins 0 @ Raptors 33

Ouch. I have to admire a team that has a QB called Ninety-nine Pass-Accuracy – it really makes a statement. Alas when that statement is “my name is twice what my passer rating will be” not so great. As for the Raptors – they are good you know. WR Juan Luis Di Amokacho (seriously I have other things to do with my day that type out these ludicrously long names – yes you know who you are! Gnashin' frashin') gathers in the passes just unlike an England rugby no 12 and clocks the ton and 2 TD's = very tasty, very sweet. (anyone who gets that reference sans Google – I tip my hat). In summary Raptors are good and Robins over perform, except when they don't.

North Stars 7 @ Soneros 3

Righty-ho. The big boys. This was the fixture of the week and the scoreline many of us predicted! What we got here were two of the best squads, with two of the best coaches effectively proving that the difference between them is as as narrow as a sheet of Bronco. (reference to why thats funny included - https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/objects/co147990/toilet-paper-bronco-brand-london-england-1935-1950-lavatory-paper) (yes and I said funny)

9 yards difference, no INTs, 1 fumble each, all very hard yards, another thing England rugby are unfamiliar with. Coach Pak was more aggressive with his play calling especially on 4th down, and again used his rolling pack of RB's but it came down to one good completed drive, the reliable Sean Anderson rolling over for the TD and game over. Any attempt to give advice to these two by me would be much like a broken pencil - pointless*

Elders 3 @ Harbourmasters 14

The FB East – another one that could end up very close indeed – the Harbourmasters take this comfortably in the end I guess – converting two good TD's one, an opening drive 12 plays and 71 yds and a second with a 50 yd breakaway, but it was close enough. The Elders just couldn't put together drives over the 40 yd mark, (one exception at the very very end). Roll the dice again? Look forward to seeing this all pan out.

Anarchy 9 @ Rhinos 7

Rhinos? Don t talk to me about Rhinos. Anarchy take the win, a lot of credit goes to WLB Roderick Cruz with 11 tackles and blunting any Rhino crash damage, and the fact that the Anarchy were able to combine RBs for a decent day with a high 3. avg. The Anarchy pinged three of their 4 Fg attempts and Cape Town only came back with a good drive for TD when the game was over, scoring with just 54 secs on the clock. Any win against the Rhinos is a good win, and the Rhinos remain a mystery.

* - shamelessly stolen from Black Adder

By wolfwithcats
3/21/2023 6:51 am
Week 7 By Flesh and bone

-Flesh i’m tired! How much further must we go, my bones weren’t made for this much walking.

-Shut your mouth Bone, atleast you have some! Can you imagene the effort it takes to be upright.

-Ehh, Flesh is that a mirrage or is there a gate over there?

-That is not a mirrage Bone, we found it, The gate that will take us to Apohis!

-Why do we wanna go to him Flesh, was that your plan all along?

-That’s right Bone, no hurry up!

Knocks on door…………….Knocks again…………………Knocks another time………..

-Who ever it is that is knocking at this time! Wan’t be knocking anymore very soon!

-eaack, Flesh lets run he will kill us!

Door opens.

-Who are yo…Flesh, Bone…..Wow what are you guys doing here? So nice to see you come in, come in. Make yourselfs at home, can i get you anything must have been a hard walk.

-You are not gonna kill us?

-Now why would i do that? You guys are Legends, now tell me what ae you doing here, did the God of Blood give you some time of?

-Weeeellll, you can kind of says that.

-We fled head over heals, he was gonna eat us, he blamed us for not giving him enough meat.

-Ha ha ha ha, He always had a very nice sence of humor the old chap.
So what can i do for you lads?

-We are looking for some work.

-And a place to stay.

-Oh, I’m really sorry mates, i don’t hire right now, you are welcome to stay for awhile, but that is all i can do. And that is only due to me being a fan, otherwise you would be out in the desert head first.

-But what are we gonna do with this weeks SBTS, Flesh? It’s our turn.

-We will write it anyway, No one can prevent Flesh!

-and Bone.

-Yes, and Bone from getting the best news out there!

-So lets dig in to this weeks results.

-Please don’t say dig Flesh, It reminds me of a grave and that is a place i really don’t wanna be in.

-Don’t be so over sensitve, Bone!

-Don’t say over it makes me feel like there is soil over me head and that i’m lying in a grave.

-You said that already, lets just get started on this week.

-So what are we gonna talk about?

-Injuries offcourse what else?

-But we have no records of injuries so far .

-We just make do with the ones this week.

War Elephants 23 Raptors 20 (OT)

-Flesh, Lots of ankles(no actual once were) were bitten this week as the Raptors lived up to their reputation, the most severe was a hand (must have been a mistake) of RDE John Fontana who is out 5 weeks with a doubtful infected bite wound.

-Bone, When it comes to trampled dinosours then Mehmet Vextrixmust wish that he was extinct as the rest of them after his hand got stepped on , Five tons of elephant will make a very flat hand, but as it’s only a probable we will se him again next week.

Phoenix 16 Elders 27

-Flesh, Will the Phoenix rise from the ashes after a beating like that?, we will see, what we do know is that the Elders took a page out of the Raptors gamebook and just a cane to smash the ankle of Timmy Fogerty a 3 week Probable.

-Bone, The age is showing as the old bones of the Elders break easily, both Joseph Mount and Paul Dombrowski will be out a couple of weeks with a broken foot and a severed leg, there might be some screws involved to get the brittle bones to stay in one piece.

Fools 3 Anarchy 6

-Flesh, Bangton Drums of the fools must have been looking around to hard for any Anarcist to tackle because he snapped his head so hard that is neck was twisted, he is out for 4 weeks until the doctors figure out how to turn his head to looking forward again.

-Bone, Looking backwards might be an advantage sometimes! We can say the same thing about Michael Shepardson and John Jones who will spend the next 5 and 4 weeks looking at their toes with necks not able to lift the head.

Tardigrados 10 Arrows 7

-Flesh, Even more teams taking after a certain tactic, as the arrows shoot RB Larry Larsen in the ankle preventing him from using it for 7 whole weeks maybe they can send some tips to the jurassic era on how to do it properly.

-Bone, How a Tirdigrado can even injure someone is beyond me, have you seen how small they are, despite the tiny size they managed to inflict 5 injuries the most severe one was of DT David Godina, who will be out for 6 weeks with a broken neck, wondering what happened

Paris 17 Harbourmasters 10

-Flesh, The Harbourmasters called upon the wrath of the seas to punish Tutti Supertonic who will have to get his hand sewd back on after being hit by a rough wave, Out for 4 weeks also 4 more injuries were the result of that wave including Nonklebing and La Vache-Encore.

-Bone, DT John Mole got a little bit to happy after the wave struck so he jumped and landed badly, so bad infact that he broke his leg in 4 different places he will be out for 6 weeks with a lesson learned not to celebrate to much in the future.

Slamhounds 10 Auctioneers 16

-Flesh, DT Emilio Campbell must wonder if it was a raptor in hiding that snuck up on him as his ankle surley seen better days, it’s a miracle that his foot stayed on and he will have 8 weeks to think about what could have happened and were his foot might have ended up.

-Bone, An auction will be held to raise money for a knee replacement for DT Robert Caroll, but until that is arranged he will take some painkillers and play trough the pain, check in later for updates for the when the auction will be held.

Baguettes 31 Philly 9
-Flesh, I guess the cheese guys know how to shake hands as they mangled both Kevin Moffet and Tiny Tinas hand when the players thanked eachother after the game, maybe it was as a revenge for the beating the team took.

-Bone, RDE Cassie Hoodwink got a taste of the cured and very hard bread served this evening by the Baguettes, must have been a special recipe, that most definatly didn’t include any cheese , Cassie is Doubtful for 9 weeks after the bread hit her knee.

Rhinos 20 Violent Vermin 0

-Flesh, The vermin didn’t have much to say against the much bigger Rhinos, RB David Nae have some bruises on his upper leg but nothing that a cold bag of peas can’t handle and we will see him in the next game.

-Bone, On the other side of the field, pieces of trampled critters are picked up by the groundkeeping staff, an arm belonging to Christopher Breit was found half burried. Why did i say burried it makes me think of the grave again!!!!

Crazy Wolves 6 Dragons 30

-Flesh, Something positive to say, for the Wolves, even if it’s hard to find is that nothing to severe happened to any players C Lou Slocomb will be looking a little bit more to the left then usual for the next 3 weeks.

-Bone, Would have been better if he was looking right!

-Flesh, You think you are so funny.

-Bone, Sure do. Well as mentioned by Flesh this was a very friendly game as even the Dragons didn’t suffer anything to really talk about, Zang Ba will have some pain from his broken nail but nothing that some pedicure can’t fix.

Sharknado 17 Lions 30

-Flesh, After this game i guess we know who will win in a fight between Lions and Sharks, and the answer is Lions, 6 injuries in total for Sharknado most damage was taken by Steve Stubbs as the leader of the lion pack got a taste for his knee which puts him out for 9 weeks.

-Bone, The lions are licking their wounds after this game, happy that it wasn’t so bad, since the list of injuries now adds up to a total of 12 players, this week Wayne Snyder took the force of a head on attack from a ruthless shark, but it was only a glancing blow and he will be back next week.

Kings 24 Earthquake 3

-Flesh, The Monarchy and it’s castle stood rock steady during the slight tremble, only LDE Dwaýne Bedlam was hit by some falling debri but as it was just some dust he will just have to wash his arm and he will be ready for next week.

-Bone, Cought in the rubble was DT Wesley White who ended up with his led cought under a tree, not what the Earthquakes was counting on they have to tell him that standing beside one as the ground is shaking is not the best idea.

Prodigies 3 Soneros 44

-Flesh, 3 more players were added to the Prodigies growing list of injuries, but since most of them are only probables the damage is not so hard, this week Marvin Jones streched his arm a little to much and will maybe be out for 2 weeks, it will be up to the coaches to decide.

-Bone, SS Paul Heckman bent his hand in a strange angle and the doctors were baffled that it was possible, they did mangage to get it back to normal again, but he will have to be carefull for the next 2 weeks

Rampage 6 Corpses 19

-Flesh, This was not unexpected since we all could have guessed that a corpse really can’t do much to the living, they are dead after all, Gregory ”Pappy” Boyingt did get stuck in the ribs of one of them and got some small cuts on his hand and needed a tetnis shoot to be sure he hadn’t cougt anything infectius.

-Bone, Why do I have to talk about the corpses you know i have a fear of death,

-Flesh Don’t be such a wuzz, Fine I’ll do it, 3 of the corpses will take a little rest in the ground including CB John Lang, but as they really can’t fell any pain all of them will be back next week.

Lengths 9 North Stars 26

-Bone, DT Michael Keillor seem to have developed a limb on his left leg after this game , but it doesn’t look to serious, definatly not as serious as the season for the Lengths, they really nedd to figure out how to pull it toghether.

-Flesh, What are you talking about, that last part had noting to do with injuries.

-Bone, I didn’t know what else to say.

-Flesh Just stick to the injury part, and talking about that the North Stars must be wondering what hit them 6 injuries isn’t Reasonable at all, RG Jonathan Lane will most definatly ask that question as he could be watching from the sidelines for up to 6 weeks.

Screamers 7 Mean Machine 12

-Flesh, Eric Gordon lived up to his teams name as you could hear him for 5 miles when he screamed in agony as he held is mangeld and broken foot in his hands as it got stuck in the cogs, we won’t be seeing him on the field for the next 8 weeks.

-Bone, Taking on a machine made of steel is not a very good idea, but being one surley is, not even a dent on the newly washed surface and the machine rolls of the field looking just as prestine as i did rolling on.

Robins 9 Echidnas 23

-Flesh, Small birds might be hard to catch but once they are, they are easy to break, proven by Kent Burks whos foot was cought in a branch on the field, they really need to clear those things to prevent any nasty injuries to happen.

-Bone, Better a bird in the hand then ten in the forest, might not be something that FB Francis Globular can agree on, as he had to many birds nibbling at his ankle so that you could actually see the bone when they were done, 8 weeks of watching the birdfeeder for him

Last edited at 3/21/2023 6:52 am

By kaldo
3/22/2023 6:34 am
This is your Kaptain speaking - your Colonel couldn't make it.

He usually does some super high effort thing here, and sorry but that's not what you're getting.

As a followup to the Colonel Failure and Professor Brian Flavorbeans segment in the preseason titled "Great Expectations", I present to you:

So without further adieu...

Edlington Anarchy
Doing surprisingly well

Ulaanbaatar Raptors
Finally beat the Robins

Batman Robins
Barely breaking even - what a fall from grace

Grand Rapids Rampage
Off to a rough start!

Wausau War Elephants
Doing pretty well for a new owner

Star City Slamhounds
Getting beat by someone who's never played before!

Maastricht Violent Vermin
Well, they're not last so that's an improvement

Sumpan Crazy Wolves
What happened, Wolves?

Stockholm North Stars
Finally leading the division

Zena Soneros
Typical performance

Montevideo Screamers
Atypically low

Cape Town Rhinos
Same old song and dance - with worse numbers!

Derry Mean Machine
Friggin jerks

Echunga Echidnas
Still doing alright despite some very bad luck

Dutch Prodigies
Not last for once, congrats! No thanks to the star player though

Reasonable Lengths
What can you say, they're rebuilding and running AI gameplans

Les Republicains de Paris
The worse of two French teams but they're doing alright

Forbidden City Dragons
Good performance despite leadership

Oviedo Tardigrados
Third place, better than their predecessor

Porth Emmett Auctioneers
Having a tough time

Heliopolis Phoenix
Has risen from the ashes to the top

Harnosand Harbourmasters
Doing well, regardless of what the owner says

Entebbe Elders
Two-time division leader in third place - lay off the beer!

Nottingham Arrows
From first to last

Nice Baguettes
Practically perfect in every way

Hong Kong Kings
Big comeback from the early season woes

Cheesy Philly
Will Smith forgot how to pass

Los Angeles Earthquake
Come on LA, I want you in second place

Florence Fools
Wow, where's the losing streak?

Penrith Lions
Meeting their goal of .500, seeing a lot of improvement over last season

Tillamook Sharknado
The owner has put in his resignation and it's reflecting on the team

Debt-Laden Corpses
How did they get two wins?

And there you have it. Our owner puts us through **** harvesting the fields and kneading all day long, so... back to work!
Last edited at 3/22/2023 6:40 am