The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2028 Predictions Game **BACK TO BASICS**

By CaptainFarrar89
9/15/2023 6:28 pm
Howdy!... and welcome to the 2028 Predictions Game. As you can see by the title, we are going back to basics this season, because that is what was asked. It’s going to be very simple and easy to follow along. A lot of the changes are based on the constructive feedback given at the end of last season and I hope very much that we will see as many people as possible joining in for the whole season. Let’s get straight into it...

SEASON PREDICTIONS
Just a few questions for you to get stuck into. As normal, these will be locked once the Regular Season Game 1 sim cycle finishes, so you have a little bit of time to get these in and make changes as you see.

1. How many victories will your team achieve this season? (4 points. Half points will be awarded only if your team ties a game during the season and you are within one victory of your prediction).
    2. Name each division winner (1 point each, total 8 points. 2 additional points for the player(s) who correctly predict the most division winners).
    3. Name the league champion (6 points)
.----------

WEEKLY PREDICTIONS
OK, now onto the fun part, and the part you are all here for... the weekly predictions.

As with last season, there won’t be any restrictions on teams, so I apologize in advance if your team does not appear throughout the season, but again, I want to have the focus of the games each week towards providing games with meaning to the season, be it a high profile division clash, or a match-up between teams fighting for the wildcard berth, or the like. I’ve also removed the points for picking the right margin but the wrong team. There will be some weeks where more than one game will be up for predictions, so more chances to score points. This may be games from the same division, and I am putting it out there, depending on how the season plays out, there may be a triple game week. As always, all postseason games will feature in the game. Points structure is very simple.

Correctly predicting the winning team (2 points)
    Correctly predicting the winning team and the correct margin (4 points)

Based on the feedback, the auto away prediction has been removed from the game as has the points for getting the margin correct, but the wrong winner. This will hopefully incentivize everyone to predict each game week. One last thing, there is no question of the week this season. They are taking a temporary hiatus.

----------

JOKER CARD
Yes, it’s back!

There is only ONE of them per season per player, so use it wisely. It can only be used during the regular season, so use it then, or lose it. Your call. The joker card will double your score for that week. Should there be a week with multiple games, you must clearly indicate when submitting your predictions for that week as to which game you want it to apply towards, as it only applies to a single game.

This is the only wildcard/bonus/chip available this season... and again, you only have one to use. The leaderboard will indicate throughout the regular season when you have used it so you can easily keep track.

Best of luck everyone and let’s have some predicted fun!!!

----------
FINAL LEADERBOARD
Last edited at 11/15/2023 3:55 am

By Kickjess
9/16/2023 11:19 pm
1. 12 wins

BC North : Raptors
BC East : Crazy Wolves
BC South : Soneros
BC West : Echidnas
FB North : Paris
FB East : Tomb Kings
FB South : Philly
FB West : Fools

3. Cheesy Philly

By CaptainFarrar89
9/16/2023 11:25 pm
I'll chuck mine in now as well...

4 wins for the Lions. That's probably being conservative at the moment.

Fail Brigade North: Batman Robins
Fail Brigade East: Star City Slamhounds
Fail Brigade South: Zena Soneros
Fail Brigade West: Derry Mean Machine
Bad Company North: Forbidden City Dragons
Bad Company East: Heliopolis Tomb Kings
Bad Company South: Cheesy Philly
Bad Company West: Compton Catastrophe

I'll take Zena Soneros to win it all.

By elmasgarza
9/18/2023 7:32 am
1-
Hurlingham Herons - 8 wins

2-
BC North: Ulaanbaatar Raptors
BC East: Star City Slamhounds
BC South: Zena Soneros
BC West: Derry Mean Machine

FB North: Les Republicains de Paris
FB East: Heliopolis Tomb Kings
FB South: Cheesy Philly
FB West: Compton Catastrophe

3-
Les Republicains de Paris

By NanuNanu76
9/20/2023 8:47 am
3 wins for the Slicers

BN = Robins
BE = Wolves
BS = Soneros
BW = Machine

FN = Dragons
FE = Kings
FS = Philly
FW = Fools

Champs = Paris

By Codus
9/21/2023 3:04 am
The Robins will achieve a lofty 8 wins this season

Division winners

BC North: Raptors
BC East: Slamhounds
BC South: Soneros
BC West: Echidnas
FB North: Paris
FB East: Tomb Kings
FB South: Philly
FB West: Lions

This years champ: Paris

By Wombert
9/23/2023 2:20 pm
I'll guess 9 wins

BC East: Wolves
FB South: Philly
FB West: Fools

This years champ: Soneros

By pakkinen83
9/23/2023 2:47 pm
Wins: 14

BC East: Pozzallo
FB South: Baguettes
FB West: Fools

Champ: Paris

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
9/24/2023 5:18 am
Revolver - 4 wins

Bad Company North : Raptors
Bad Company East : Slamhounds
Bad Company South : Soneros
Bad Company West : Mean Machine

Fail Brigade North : Paris
Fail Brigade East : Tomb Kings
Fail Brigade South : Philly
Fail Brigade West : Fools

Overall champs : Soneros (with a win over Paris... again)

By CaptainFarrar89
9/29/2023 1:19 am
First week of the regular season is upon us, so that means the first game for you all to predict. There is still time to get your season predictions in, they lock once the games on Monday start simming, so you've got the next 72 hours to get those season predictions in.... if you haven't got those in, you can add them to your Week 1 prediction post to make it easier.

----------

WEEK 1

Les Republicans de Paris at Forbidden City Dragons