The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2023 Predictions Game

By FlavourBeans
11/29/2022 7:02 pm
I can't help but imagine some ugly, mangled score. 16-11, 17-12, 19-14, 15-10, something wonky. North Stars by 5

By CaptainFarrar89
11/30/2022 1:55 am
Another season has been played and we crown a new league champion and also a new predictions champion. As with last season, I'll say my thanks now to everyone who participated in the predictions game this season, we had 21 of you amazing people join in and while not everyone got their predictions in each week, I assure you that we will be doing that better for next season and next season will be even better. We might not have reached a record points tally for the winner this year, but this season it was much closer, with only 9 points separating the top 8 in the final standings. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your efforts this year. If you do have any feedback, please feel free to DM me via Discord or send a PM here and I'll take your advice and feedback onboard for future seasons.

We will get on with the recap and the winners...

HyperelectroBowl Winners

Stockholm North Stars defeat Les Republicains de Paris by 2 points
    6 correct
    4 incorrect (10 who did not get their predictions in)
    0 with correct winner/margin combo
----------

A round of applause to FlavourBeans, Vaguley_Baffled, Kickjess, Captain Lion and Wombert who predicted the North Stars to win it...

Another round of applause to FlavourBeans, Vaguley_Baffled, Captain Lion and Tolakram who, at the start of the season, predicted Stockholm to take home the title, your decision has paid off with an extra 5 points in the points tally for the season.

... and please, one more round of applause, and a toast of your drink of choice, to FlavourBeans, who has won the Predictions Game for the 2023 season of the Electrosports Football League with a finishing score of 39 points. FlavourBeans edges the championship by 1 point, with a solid prediction of the season champion, along with five out of eight division winners, and a solid 3 winner/margin combos this season.

----------

What an amazing season it has been, again... thank you for everything and I look forward to seeing you all for the 2024 Predictions Game. For those counting down, we'll open the game up after the draft so you've all got time to get your season predictions in and all that jazz. I sincerely hope you have enjoyed the game and we will be back for next season real soon.

By FlavourBeans
11/30/2022 2:02 am
CaptainFarrar89 wrote:
and a toast of your drink of choice

For those wondering how they can improve their predictive prowess, tonight's selection at the Forbidden City HQ was equal parts gin and grapefruit soda with a splash of orange liqueur.

And with a cheap plastic cup from a chicken wing joint in Ohio filled with that, I also want to toast our king of coordination, Captain Lion, for running this operation.