The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - Team News

2026 season team targets

By Vektrix
5/12/2023 2:58 pm
So.... just like previous seasons, set yourself 5 targets that are achievable.

1) Gonzalez to pass for at least 4,000 yards.
2) Have at least 2 players in the 1,000 club
3) Reach the Play-Offs
4) Concede an average of less than 10 points per match.
5) Score at least 300 points over the season..

Re: 2026 season team targets

By CaptainFarrar89
5/12/2023 7:40 pm
Keeping mine a lot more realistic this year, my team really hasn't had that much of an improvement with the lack of talent in the draft and the lack of free agents, so it's very much a treading water season this time around for the Lions if I am at all honest.

1. Joe Chacon with another 3,000 yard season.
2. Any running back with at least 750 yards
3. 0.500 record at least in the division, and at least 0.500 on the whole season (so, at least 8-8)
4. Concede less than 250 points across the season
5. Someone on defense with at least 90 tackles.

By wolfwithcats
5/13/2023 3:43 am
This season will be like the last (if not worse) so here are some goals that will probably not be reached(aiming very low)

1: Bradley throwing for more then 1500 yard(he is not as good as Brown and Brown had 2000 last season)

2: Avarage less then 2 sacks a game(had just over last season)

3: Manage 10 TDs(had 11 last season)

4:Santos or Fletcher running for more then 500 yards(Santos had 850 and Fletcher 111,but Santos is getting old)

5: Getting a player in the team of the week
Last edited at 5/13/2023 3:59 am

By Braendig
5/13/2023 9:23 am
1. Have another Reasonable season.
2. Get younger at as many positions as possible as well as overall.
3. Realign the team to better match my "vision."
4. Figure out how to "properly" game plan.
5. Take a little control back from the AI.

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
5/14/2023 5:40 am
The Kings...

1. Never be shut out (easiest, as long as rotten luck doesn't strike)
2. Two players with 10 sacks (if our form stays good should be simple)
3. 3,000 passing yards from Terry for the first time in his career (plausible)
4. Four or more divisional wins (tricky but doable)
5. Second round or better in the playoffs (the tough one)

By FlavourBeans
5/15/2023 4:07 pm
One time, I watched this video on Youtube where they took a car and removed and cut away as much of it as they could while leaving it still operational and street legal. That's what my team feels like this year and will still feel like next year.

1) Yuan Shao with 3,000 yards of passing. It says a lot about where we're at with the meta when this is a 'goal'; that's less than 200 yards per game! And yet, he was well short of it last year. And now Sima Lun's gone. And Ma Teng.

2) Lu Bu with 1,000 yards of rushing. The guy well deserves it, especially after the heartbreak of coming up a single yard short. He's definitely got it in him, perhaps even more, he just needs to stay healthy for once.

3) Average 3 or more sacks per game. We managed this for the first few years but came up just short last year as more teams piece together a veteran o-line. With the opposition we're facing this season, asking for more is a stretch, but you've gotta challenge yourself somehow.

4) Dragons make it to 8 wins. Modest, sure, compared to last year, but we've definitely taken a step back in overall talent in preparation for the future of the team, and this schedule's going to be an absolute slog. Dodging a losing season would be a prize. Especially since I don't have my own first-round pick in the next draft.

5) Avoid being swept by any of my division rivals. Buncha nerds.

By FlavourBeans
6/19/2023 12:32 am
FlavourBeans wrote:
1) Yuan Shao with 3,000 yards of passing. It says a lot about where we're at with the meta when this is a 'goal'; that's less than 200 yards per game! And yet, he was well short of it last year. And now Sima Lun's gone. And Ma Teng.

2) Lu Bu with 1,000 yards of rushing. The guy well deserves it, especially after the heartbreak of coming up a single yard short. He's definitely got it in him, perhaps even more, he just needs to stay healthy for once.

3) Average 3 or more sacks per game. We managed this for the first few years but came up just short last year as more teams piece together a veteran o-line. With the opposition we're facing this season, asking for more is a stretch, but you've gotta challenge yourself somehow.

4) Dragons make it to 8 wins. Modest, sure, compared to last year, but we've definitely taken a step back in overall talent in preparation for the future of the team, and this schedule's going to be an absolute slog. Dodging a losing season would be a prize. Especially since I don't have my own first-round pick in the next draft.

5) Avoid being swept by any of my division rivals. Buncha nerds.

1) Fell short of a pretty soft goal here. Still, as listed above, there was a lot of firepower traded off in the offseason and it was a beast of a schedule, so I can't be too bitter. Unlike...

2) Nine yards short. He's got 1,990 yards in the past two years and never broke 1K in either of them. Sure, he was hobbled coming down the home stretch, but 75 yards total across the final three games is just gross. This one hurts.

3) 3.25 per game will do it. Would just rather it be a more balanced affair rather than seeing one player responsible for most, even if it was the Xiahou Dun breaking twenty sacks in his sophomore campaign. Maybe there's room for improvement here if his brother on the D-line doesn't miss so much time.

4) We definitely felt the burden of the schedule finally hit us down the stretch, but pencilling ourselves in for 8 or 9 wins and opening the season 9-0 makes this feel like a huge underestimation of the team, even if some of that hot streak was dumb luck.

5) Oh, right, we share a division with Paris.

Final score: Two out of five.

By CaptainFarrar89
6/19/2023 12:47 am
CaptainFarrar89 wrote:
1. Joe Chacon with another 3,000 yard season.
2. Any running back with at least 750 yards
3. 0.500 record at least in the division, and at least 0.500 on the whole season (so, at least 8-8)
4. Concede less than 250 points across the season
5. Someone on defense with at least 90 tackles.

1. Granted, this one was easy. Thought it was going to be a tough one, when he was on 769 yards after the 0-4 start but he had hit the 3,000 yard mark by Week 14, so that was done and dusted. Easy point there for me.

2. Fat chance that was every going to happen, I just don't have a run game to speak of, so what made me think this season was going to be any different. Not only did I not get any rusher to 750 yards, not even one of them make it to 400 yards, best was William Cole at exactly 50% of the target. Add misery onto this one, the Lions were the only team ALL season not to have a single rushing touchdown. That just adds insult to injury.

3. Half a point here for getting the 0.500 record on the whole season. Started with a disaster, going 0-4 and me wondering if I was actually going to manage a win, to getting to within a game of an unlikely division title, to whimper out in that last game. The less said about my division record the better... moving on.

4. I'll take that one. Only allowed the equal 4th least points (tied with Zena of all teams) and was only 42 points off the best defense (22 points off having the best defense in Fail Brigade), so maybe there is something there I can take as a positive. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

5. Granted, another easy one here to sooth the hurt that I'm feeling at the moment with this season. Miguel Logan, 106 tackles and William Williams with 101 tackles on the season. Was very skeptical when I made the call to swap Logan over from WLB to SS back in 2024, but he's had some great games since then, and William Williams is just a monster, two straight seasons with over 100 tackles, he will be a solid stayer in the Lions rebuild this off-season.

By wolfwithcats
6/19/2023 3:19 am
wolfwithcats wrote:
This season will be like the last (if not worse) so here are some goals that will probably not be reached(aiming very low)

1: Bradley throwing for more then 1500 yard(he is not as good as Brown and Brown had 2000 last season)

2: Avarage less then 2 sacks a game(had just over last season)

3: Manage 10 TDs(had 11 last season)

4:Santos or Fletcher running for more then 500 yards(Santos had 850 and Fletcher 111,but Santos is getting old)

5: Getting a player in the team of the week

Did haven't much hope for this one since not much had changed on the O line since last season, but i got pleasenly suprised that the targer was passed by over 500 yards (2536),well done Bradley.

Only 26 sacks once again suprised down from 33 last season. And target of less then 2 per game reached

Well number of TDs was also reached and beyond 16 in total, 5 more then last season.

Santos managed 780 in his last season (i will not renew his contract so that goal reached as well and Fletcher wasn't very far of either with 404, but i did say one of them, if i had played Fletcher as #1 in more games he could probably have gotten a lot more, lets se next season what he can do.

Actually got 2 players on team of the week with Scratchboard in game 2 and Bradley in game 16(must have gotten one of the highest scores this season, have to check that)

So 5 out of 5. Something positive in all the misary.
Last edited at 6/19/2023 3:22 am

By Braendig
6/19/2023 5:23 am
1. Have another Reasonable season. - No. Not hardly.
2. Get younger at as many positions as possible as well as overall. - Very successful. Still a ways to go to get rid of the 10+ year players, but it's progressing.
3. Realign the team to better match my "vision." - Yes, though it would seem my "vision" inherently leads to complete and total inability to gain yards at all due to the fact I have NFC how to run the offense.
4. Figure out how to "properly" game plan. - Complete and total failure. Complete. Total. Failure.
5. Take a little control back from the AI. - Nope. Not at all. Whatever I did, the AI managed to interpret it in the most screwed up way possible.
Last edited at 6/19/2023 5:24 am