The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: 2025 season team targets

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
2/28/2023 6:28 am
Set 5 challenging-but-achievable goals for your team in the forthcoming season. See how you measure up at the end of the year.

Kings 2025
1. 2nd place (or better) finish in FB South
2. Terry Im passes over 3k yards
3. Top 5 defense for sacks inflicted
4. Positive turnover margin (for once)
5. Beat 2 of Echunga, Paris, Nice, Derry
Last edited at 2/28/2023 9:22 am

By ChillBill
2/28/2023 6:48 am
For the Tardigrados:

1. win 8 games

2. Ciencia and Freeman to both rush for over 750yds

3. Zubenelgenubi to get a sack

4. Freeman to return a kick off for a TD

5. team to be top 10 in more than one stat
Last edited at 3/03/2023 1:51 pm

By Vektrix
2/28/2023 11:53 am
1) Gonzalez to pass for at least 4,000 yards.
2) Have at least 2 players in the 1,000 club.
3) Reach the Play-Offs.
4) Concede an average of less than 13 points per match.
5) Score at least 300 points over the season.

By Kickjess
2/28/2023 12:28 pm
1: Don't injure Will Smith.
2: Maybe try rushing sometimes.
3: Maya Higa best receiver again.
4: Less fumbles compared to last season.
5: Barely make the playoffs to get the adrenaline pumping.

By Braendig
2/28/2023 4:11 pm
1) Have another season with a Reasonable record
2) Prepare for a stupid amount of picks next year
3) Let the AI handle it
4) Finish in the lower quarter of the league
5) Cut down on roster redundancy and age

By kaldo
2/28/2023 5:47 pm
1) Injure Will Smith
2) Get 13+ wins
3) At least 3 players in the Thousand Club
4) Perfect division record
5) Breadrick #1 rusher

By CaptainFarrar89
3/01/2023 3:39 am
Me being me, I am going to put a bit of explanation into my team targets. Coming from the position that my team is coming into this season, rather than aim for lofty goals; I want to temper expectations and put some attainable targets for my team that will make for a good season.

1. At least achieve a 0.500 record on the season
    Now, my focus this season is not on winning the division or making the postseason (if that happens, then bonus...) but I want to focus just on my team and making it a good season. A good season for me is one where the team is competitive, and by competitive, I mean where games are worth watching, and where they are exciting and enjoyable. I know we all hate losing and I'm not ever going to be at a point where I can challenge for a 16-0 perfect season, so I expect to lose some games, but I'd like those losses to be still at a point where my team is competitive and just doesn't look like they gave up when the game was out of reach.

2. Joe Chacon with another 3,000+ yardage season
    I think he can manage that this season again. I would love to see him lower the interceptions from last season, and up the TDs, but I think at least for starters, I will take another 3,000-yard season from my quarterback. I know that I had looked at bringing in a new quarterback this offseason, but I think that building my plan for this season around holding onto him, and I would love for him to repay the faith in getting another solid season like that. He was the #3 QB in the league for yardage last season, so I'd love for that to be the case again.

3. At least 1 rusher with at least 700 yards
    This one is going to be a tough one, but I think it's attainable. I don't see a rusher on my team that really can reach 1,000 rushing yards on the season, and last year is better left for the history books. The rushing game for the Lions is really bad, and I mean really bad... I would love to finally see something come from the run game, the touchdowns just haven't been there, so I'll take a yardage target. My only main criterion for this is that they need to be a pure rusher, so RB or FB, not WR. If a TE gets 700 or more rushing yards, I may take half a point here.

4. At least 0.500 in the division this season
    Winning three divisional games in two seasons combined is not good for the team, in order to fight for a divisional title, the team needs to be competitive at least in the division and this begins with winning at least 3 games divisionally in one season. I would love to say at least winning four games, but I think three is a bit more realistic. I'm not fussed about how those three victories happen if two victories come against the same opponent in the division, but I want to see at least 3-3 (or better) as our divisional record this season.

5. To be in the top half of the Power Rankings at the end of the season
    I know this is all contingent on numbers and formulas and whatnot, but going from 17th to 19th last season (by the end of the regular season) was not fun. I'd like to show that the plan I've put in place over this offseason, the assistance that I've gotten with trades and getting a sounding board on my thoughts with this plan, is in the beginnings of paying off, and part of that "being competitive" nature that I think I've dubbed this season, that I'd like to see the Lions in the top half of the power rankings. I think it's doable.

By wolfwithcats
3/14/2023 1:37 pm
1:not finish last in the divison.
2:get more yards in a game then the opponent.
3:beat own prediction.
4:get a player on player of the week.
5:Beat more teams outside of the division then last season

I know this are silly goal, so don't judge me.
Last edited at 3/16/2023 10:29 am

By CaptainFarrar89
4/10/2023 5:17 am
Might as well start the recaps off with my team, get it done now...

1. At least achieve a 0.500 record on the season - TICK
2. Joe Chacon with another 3,000+ yardage season - TICK
3. At least 1 rusher with at least 700 yards - CLOSE (Alvarado was at 565 yards, having only played ten games due to injury, and rookie Snow got 544 yards in 12 games. Alas, it's still a failure)
4. At least 0.500 in the division this season - TICK
5. To be in the top half of the Power Rankings at the end of the season - TICK, Penrith is finishing in 11th when the final power rankings are released shortly.

I'll take 4/5 targets on the season, better than I had hoped for or even planned for. Now, what's the plan for next season???

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
4/10/2023 5:42 am
For the past few weeks I've been expecting this to be awful, however...

Kings 2025
1. 2nd place (or better) finish in FB South - yeah, baby
2. Terry Im passes over 3k yards - no
3. Top 5 defense for sacks inflicted - close, 7th
4. Positive turnover margin (for once) - yeah, baby
5. Beat 2 of Echunga, Paris, Nice, Derry - wins over Derry and Nice, each of the other three I was held to just 3 points in each.