The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2026 Predictions Game

By Vaguely_Baffled
6/23/2023 2:48 am
North Stars by 6
Paris by 6

By Wombert
6/23/2023 3:16 pm
North Stars by 6
Paris by 10

By FlavourBeans
6/25/2023 11:41 pm
Stars by 7
Paris by 7

By CaptainFarrar89
6/26/2023 12:18 am
Conference Championship Weekend Results
    Bad Company: Stockholm at Derry: Derry Mean Machine by 17 points
    5 predictions, 1 correct
    0 with correct winner and margin
    Fail Brigade: Hong Kong at Paris: Les Republicans de Paris by 2 points
    5 predictions, 5 correct
    0 with correct winner and margin

----------
The conference championship prediction points from the beginning of the season have also been added now to the final tally, and a big congratulations to wolfwithcats who correctly predicted both conference champions, with myself FlavourBeans, pakkinen83, Colonel Failure and Codus all getting one of the two correct.

With those points added, I can announce that wolfwithcats, with one game left to play, has won the Predictions Game for the 2026 season, and also a new points record currently standing at 53 points! He currently has a 12 point lead, and with only a maximum of 11 points on offer in the last game, he can't be caught. Well done wolfwithcats, and you now join the list of Prediction Game Champions!
----------
League Championship Weekend
Derry Mean Machine vs. Les Republicans de Paris

By CaptainFarrar89
6/26/2023 12:27 am
Despite not winning the predictions game... again... I'm still going to jump in one last time. I think had I not missed Weeks 9 and 10, I probably would have been in with a chance (I would have predicted those games right, so at least 2 more points, not sure on the margins), but still a very fun and enjoyable season, the last of the predictions game in it's current format... new things ahead for next season.

Let's get on with it, I'm going to hedge my bets this season and while my season prediction for league champions are still in with a 50/50 chance of getting it, I think the season has shown how different that it will likely be, and I'm going to go with the Derry Mean Machine to win it all, but 7 points.

----------
Best of luck to both teams, both have had remarkable seasons and both are more than deserving to be facing off against each other in the championship game. Bangers in his fifth championship game (one from a previous iteration and second straight in this version of the league), hoping for his first title since the 2028 season in the second iteration of the league, while Muttley is in his third title game, and looking to keep a perfect record, and his first title since the 2031 season of that same second iteration of the league.

Best of luck to both of you, and everyone else... we all know who we have to hunt down to win the title next season.

By Vaguely_Baffled
6/26/2023 12:06 pm
Paris by 6

By wolfwithcats
6/26/2023 12:13 pm
Paris by 3

By Kickjess
6/26/2023 12:47 pm
Paris by 1

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
6/26/2023 5:43 pm
Derry by 10

By FlavourBeans
6/27/2023 2:22 am
Tie game. Both sides come off their benches and play a pickup game of soccer in a celebration of peace and camaraderie that transcends national borders.