The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

NOTE: As of the last sim, this league was under the minimum 20% capacity. Invite your friends to join MyFootballNow to keep this league alive! Then send them to this league to become the owner of a team! The league will expire at 9/26/2024 8:01 am.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2025 Predictions Game

By CaptainFarrar89
2/14/2023 3:27 am
Hey everyone, I’m back with the predictions game and we are back better than ever again! Thanks to overtime7 for taking over last season, I think everyone enjoyed the game. We’ve got a lot to get through, so we might as get started...

SEASON PREDICTIONS
First thing first, we have our season predictions to get through, as we have done before. These will be all required prior to the Gameweek 1 sim, so you have plenty of time to get these answers in. Feel free to change them as many times as you need to, but they are locked in once the Regular Season Game 1 sim begins.

1. Name each division winner (1 point each, total 8 points)
    2. Name the winner of the Fail Brigade Conference (4 points)
    3. Name the winner of the Bad Company Conference (4 points)
    4. Name the league champion (6 points)
    5. Name the team that will host the league championship game (2 points)

Here’s a bonus, whoever names the most division winners will get an additional 2 points added to their score. If multiple people get the same number of correct division winners, then they will all get the additional 2 points. Division winners' points will be given out following the regular season and are based on what the game says, with the other points given out after the games in question have been run.

----------

TEAM PREDICTIONS
Now, we get to talk about your own team and the league as a whole. These ones are simple, so let’s move on with the show. These points will be given out in full after the regular season is finished. If for some reason, you end up with a tie in your regular season result, then I'll be generous and give you 2.5 points as long as you are within 1 game of your original prediction.

6. How many victories will your team get this year (5 points)
    7. Which three teams from Bad Company will get a wildcard berth? (1 point for every team correct, maximum of 3 points)
    8. Which three teams from Fail Brigade will get a wildcard berth? (1 point for every team correct, maximum of 3 points)
    9. Which team will have the best offence (i.e., most points scored) (2 points)
    10. Which team will have the best defence (i.e., least points conceded) (2 points)

----------

WEEKLY PREDICTIONS
Now, here is the fun part and what you are all here for. We will have one game a week (could be the game of the week, or one that I pick... there may also be some weeks with two games) and you will, as normal, have to pick the winner and the margin of victory. I've changed it up a little, so picking the winner will be worth 1 point, 1 point for getting the right margin (even if you get the winner wrong), and an additional point if you get both the winner and margin correct at the same time. Maximum of 3 points each game. If the game that is up for predictions is a tie, then everyone who made a prediction that week will get 1.5 points for that game.

I will also be bringing back the Question of the Week, and you will get one point for getting that question right each week. If the QotW has an answer that could be difficult or a range of answers, I will add in what qualifies to get the point so that you all have a fair shot at the question. As we had in 2023, you will all have an available JOKER to use in the regular season. Rules on the joker are as they were before, however, they will also apply to the question of the week for the particular week that you are using it:-

a. Only one joker may be used by a player, and you may not transfer jokers to other participants.
    b. You must indicate clearly in your reply to the game of the week when you wish to use your joker. In the event of a gameweek with two predicted games, you must clearly indicate which game the joker is being used on.
    d. Jokers can not be used in the postseason, they can only be used during the regular season.

The joker will allow you to double your points for that week only (or a particular game in the case of a double gameweek prediction), meaning you could potentially score 6 points on a game. If you get the game prediction wrong (that is, you pick the wrong winner), then you will lose 3 points straight away.

As before, all postseason games are going to be part of the weekly predictions, so there will be at minimum 29 games to predict this season. I will try my hardest after the midweek sim to get a notification out in the #sportsball channel to remind those who haven’t made their predictions that they have only 24 hours (or 48 hours in the case of a Sunday) to get their predictions in.

So, in closing... best of luck everyone and let’s have some predicted fun!!!

FINAL LEADERBOARD
Last edited at 4/23/2023 7:15 am

By Kickjess
2/14/2023 2:52 pm
BC North: Raptors
BC East: Crazy Wolves
BC South: Soneros
BC West: Mean Machine
FB North: Dragons
FB East: Arrows
FB South: Philly
FB West: Lions

Philly

North Stars

Philly

Fools

6. How many victories will your team get this year (1 point)

7. Which three teams from Bad Company will get a wildcard berth? (1 point for every team correct, maximum of 3 points)
Screamers, North Stars and Echidnas

8. Which three teams from Fail Brigade will get a wildcard berth? (1 point for every team correct, maximum of 3 points)
Paris, Kings, Baguettes

Philly

10. Which team will have the best defence (i.e., least points conceded) (2 points)
Arrows

By kaldo
2/14/2023 4:30 pm
BC South: Screamers
BC West: Echidnas

FB South: Baguettes
FB West: Fools

Baguettes

Screamers

Baguettes

Rampage

Soneros, North Stars, Robins

Paris, Kings, Philly

Baguettes

Baguettes

By ChillBill
2/15/2023 3:56 am
BC East: Slamhounds
FB South: Kings

Beans' Forgettable Dugongs

Echidnas

Corpses

Soleros, Crazy Wolves, Mean Machine

Tardigrados, Paris, Baguettes

Kings
Last edited at 2/27/2023 12:16 pm

By Codus
2/15/2023 7:17 am
FB North: Paris
FB East: Phoenix
FB West: Lions

Paris

Screamers

Screamers

Dragons

North Stars, Soneros, Robins

Dragons, Philly, Arrows

Paris

Soneros

By CaptainFarrar89
2/23/2023 3:50 am
Time for me to get my own predictions in, I don't want to be the one running it and forget the all-important season predictions.

BC North: Batman Robins
BC East: Wausau War Elephants
BC South: Zena Soneros
BC West: Derry Mean Machine
FB North: Forbidden City Dragons
FB East: Heliopolis Phoenix
FB South: Cheesy Philly
FB West: Tillamook Sharknado

Tough call here, I was almost right last season, but I think this season is a little bit more uneasy of who will be coming out on top, there are some tough teams that have done bits in the offseason so far, and in the draft, and I think will be up there, along with the regulars. I do think this season, that the Fail Brigade Conference will be going to the Forbidden City Dragons

Everyone is likely to say that a BC South team will be the one to make it, since they have won it the last three seasons straight and sadly; I'm going to stick with that, it is a strong division and it seems that all four owners there feed off each other with the victories and they strive to make each other better than they were not just in the previous season, but the gameweek before. I'm going to go with the Zena Soneros

This is going to be a matchup worthy of a title fight, wonder who plays the undercard in this one? My guess is going to be the Zena Soneros

We've seen three straight Fail Brigade teams host the championship game, I think this year it is time for Fail Brigade to host and I would love to see the Raptors host the big game this time.

The Lions are not in a title run, let alone a postseason run this season. This offseason and the season ahead is purely and simply about improving from the last two seasons and making the team competitive again, so I will stick with what I said last season and go with 7 wins, if we can reach that; it will be a season worth being happy about and being a happy owner once again.

Ulaanbaatar Raptors, Stockholm North Stars, Montevideo Screamers

Les Republicans de Paris, Hong Kong Kings, Oviedo Tardigrados

Montevideo Screamers

Zena Soneros
Last edited at 3/05/2023 2:23 am

By ColonelFailure - League Admin
2/23/2023 6:45 am
BC North: Robins
BC East: Slamhounds
BC South: North Stars

Dragons

Soneros

Dragons

Maastricht

Raptors, Soneros, Screamers

Paris, Hong Kong, Oviedo

Dragons

Paris
Last edited at 2/23/2023 6:46 am

By wolfwithcats
2/24/2023 9:11 am
Name each division winner
BC East: War Elephants
BC West: Mean Machines
FB North: Paris
FB West Sharknado
Name the winner of the Fail Brigade Conference: Screamers
Name the winner of the Bad Company Conference:Paris
Name the league champion: PAris
Name the team that will host the league championship game : Lenghts (Predicted by my daughter bu saying a number between 1 and 32)

How many victories will your team get this year: 5
Which three teams from Bad Company will get a wildcard berth?
Soneros, North Stars and Robins
Which three teams from Fail Brigade will get a wildcard berth?
Dragons, Philly and Lions

Which team will have the best offence: Philly
Which team will have the best defence: Soneros

By Wombert
3/01/2023 5:02 pm
FB West: Sharknado

Dragons

Screamers

Screamers

Arrows

Soneros, North Stars and Mean Machine

Paris, Kings, Philly

Screamers

Soneros
Last edited at 3/01/2023 5:03 pm

By pakkinen83
3/01/2023 5:13 pm

Dragons

Screamers

Screamers

Dragons

Soneros, North Stars and Mean Machine

Paris, Baguettes, Philly

Echidnas

Screamers